The Add Extra Item functionality allows you to create an ad hoc item on the Point of Sale directly in the order. With Add Extra Item, you can name and price the item to be whatever is needed at the time.
You'll have the option to save the item so you can use it at another time or to not save it so it's just a one-time item.
- Enabling the Add Extra Item Quick Action Button
- Enabling Add Extra Item in the Management Console
- Using Add Extra Item on the Point of Sale
Enabling the Add Extra Item Quick Action Button
The Add Extra Item feature is available to use on the POS as a quick action button. This means it will display as a button on the bottom of each order. You can edit your Point of Sale quick action buttons through the Management Console. To do this:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) go to the Establishment tab and then click Stations.
- Choose the POS station you want to edit from the available stations list:
- Once in the station's details, click the Order Actions tab:
- The icons under the Available section mean they will NOT show on the Point of Sale. The icons under the Displayed section mean they WILL show on the Point of Sale:
- Find the Add Extra Item icon. Make sure it is under the Displayed section. To move it, click it and drag it. You can also drag it among the other icons to change the order in which they show on the bottom of the POS order screen:
- Click Save when done.
Enabling Add Extra Item in the Management Console
Once you've verified that the Add Extra Item button will be present on the Point of Sale, you will need to enable the permission in the Management Console. To do this:
- In the Management Console go to the Employees tab.
- Click the Permissions page and then click POS Role Permissions:
- Find the Add Extra Items permission in the table and enable it for all roles who should access to the feature on the POS:
- Next, find the Inventory - Manage Price permission and enable it for all roles who should have access to the feature. Please note: This permission must be enabled in order to assign a price to extra items on the Point of Sale:
- Click Save in the top right corner.
Using Add Extra Item on the Point of Sale
Once the Add Extra Item permission is enabled per the above section, users with the permission can add items directly to an order. To do this:
- On the Point of Sale, create a new order like normal.
- From the Quick Action Icons (bottom left of order screen), tap the Add Extra Item button:
- The Product Name and Price are required. All other details are optional:
- If you'd like to save this item for future use, tap the Save to Server option:
- Tap Create to add the item to the order.
- If you enabled Save to Server, you can find this item for later use under the first Category/Subcategory available. You can change the category/subcategory in the Management Console:
- Proceed with the rest of the order as usual.