The Item Tracking Report is the summary of the day's activity for item production and preparation. It can be customized and managed, allowing you to optimize your production and reduce inventory waste. To configure the report, please first review Item Tracking/Product Forecast.
Item Tracking Report
Once the system is configured appropriate, you can view the Item Tracking Report using the steps below:
- From the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Reports.
- Choose Other Reports, then select Item Tracking:
On the Item Tracking Report, the "Forecasted" column will display the forecasted sales x minutes (where x minutes = prep time) before the actual sales. If the prep time is one hour, and the forecasted sales amount for 10:00 AM is 10, the 9:00 AM prep cell will display 10. The "Prep" column will also leverage 'time last item can be produced'. If sales run to 10:00 PM, but the time the last item can be produced is 8:00 PM, then the values for both 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM will be put into the 8:00 PM prep cell. For example, a one hour prep time.
Below, you can see all fields of the Item Tracking Report, followed by the definition of each item:
The following table describes the call outs in the image above:
|1||Save Actual as Template - Copies the actuals from a day into the forecast columns and saves them as a template|
|2||Adjust Totals - Allows you to adjust the overall percentage for projected sales/net sales; entering a number into the field will adjust all values associated with it|
|3||Custom Day - Displays the product forecasting data for a specific day. Clicking the field will expose the date picker widget|
|4||Edit Tracking Sets - Takes the user to the Item Tracking > Tracking Sets page. Users can configure and edit tracking set settings on this page. For more information, see the Configure Tracking Sets section|
|5||Import / Export Template - Allows for the export and import of tracking sets in Excel format. The "Template: XLS" option at the top right of the Reports > Item Tracking Reports page brings users to the Reports > Item Tracking > Import page. The page consists of two windows: "Item Tracking: Prepare For Import" and "Item Tracking: Import". The "Prepare For Import" window allows users to export and empty template, so that they can populate it with their own data and re-import, or export a previously saved template. The "Import" window allows users to import a new template, or update an existing one.|
|6||Print Report - Prints the report in PDF form. Note the additional options to view in CSV and XLS, which would also allow you to print from those formats.|
Opening and Closing allows you to account for unusual hours, such as irregular hours, excess hours, or missing hours, which may have never been entered into the Item Tracking timetable.
|9||Time Slot Row - These display the time slots, as defined by the Interval Frequency setting, as the day progresses. Each time slot will have a Forecasted, Actual, and Prep column for each tracking set. The Net Sales column will have a Variance column instead of the Prep column.|
|10||Tracking Set Forecasted Column - Indicates the forecasted sales for the tracking set for each time slot.|
|11||Tracking Set Actual Column - Indicates the actual sales for the tracking set for each time slot.|
|12||Tracking Set Prep Column - Indicates the amount of product that needs to be prepared before the next time slot.|
|13||Net Sales Forecasted Column - Indicates the forecasted sales for all tracking sets for each time slot.|
|14||Net Sales Actual Column - Indicates the actual sales for all tracking sets for each time slot|
|15||Net Sales Variance Column - Indicates the difference between the forecasted sales and actual sales for all tracking sets for each time slot.|
|16||Totals - Total values for each column. These values will updated as time slots progress throughout the day.|
|17||Next Day Projections - Gives sales projections for each tracking set for the defined interval periods. See the Totals and Additional Long Term Forecasting Frequencies section for more information.|
|18||Forecasted Net Sales - The forecasted net sales for the tracking set, for the interval period|
|19||Actual Net Sales - The actual net sales for the tracking set, for the interval period.|
|20||Forecasted Qty - Indicates how much of the tracking set will need to be produced for the interval period.|
On the Item Tracking Report, the Net Sales column displays Net Sales by hour using the number of weeks input in the "Net Sales based on Number of Weeks" field on the Settings / Reports / Product Forecasting page. The "Variance" column has been added to the Net Sales column on the report, and shows the difference in the forecasted and actual net sales by hour, as highlighted in the image below.
In the upper left corner of the report, The block contains two values, as highlighted in the image below:
Users can enter Edit Mode on the report by clicking the Adjust Totals button. Once in this mode, the block below the button will change to add two more fields:
Once Adjust Totals is selected, you can enter either your Projected Sales or Adjustment%:
- Projected Sales - Initially this field is filled in with Projected Forecast Sales. It is editable. If edited, the "Projected Sales Adjustment %" field below it shall become a value other than 0%.
- Projected Sales Adjustment % - The Percentage difference between Forecast Sales and Projected Sales. It is editable. If edited, the Projected Sales, and the Projected Sales column will also adjust accordingly. Please note that this is a total change. If the user increases everything by 10% and saves the changes, and then changes this number to 20%, they then end up with 20%, not 30%.
- Projected - This column appears in the Net Sales Columns, after the "Forecast" column. This column is the Projected Sales and is calculated by the Forecast Sales increased or decreased by the "Projected Sales Adjustment %". These values are editable. If edited, the "Projected Sales" number at the top shall update accordingly. That number, along with the "Projected Sales Adjustment %" will become uneditable.
In Edit Mode, in the Tracking Sets column section, the "Forecast" column shall become the "Projected" column. It shall be the former "Forecast "value for the hour increased or decreased by the percentage difference between Forecast and Projected Sales for the hour. It shall NOT be editable. Similar changes will happen to the fields on "Items to Make All Day" at the bottom of the page.
Once the user clicks save, if they have adjusted the page in any way, Forecast Quantity and Forecast Sales will rename themselves Projected. Also, any adjusted values will appear in bold after clicking "Save".
Totals and Additional Long Term Forecasting Frequencies
A Tracking Set can have more than one tracking frequency. A tracking set can have both an interval forecasting frequency and one or more long term frequencies. Unlike hourly tracking amounts, these forecast quantities can be manually edited. Doing so would means that future edits to "Net Sales" would have no effect on the Prep Quantity. In other words, if a user interacts with the quantity for a Long Term Tracking Set, the system will not change it further. The following describes the long term forecasting Frequencies:
- Description - Represents an item that is forecasted to be needed Today. The Today Forecast Section includes Today’s "Net Forecast Sales" and "Actual Net Sales".
- Editing - If the page is edited, then the Forecast Sales changes to Projected sales and the values will adjust by the appropriate percentage difference between Forecast and Projected Net Sales.
- Description - Tomorrow specifies an item that will need to be prepped for sale tomorrow. The Tomorrow’s Forecast Section will include Tomorrow’s "Net Sales Forecast" and "Actual Net Sales" (which are only available on an historical basis
- Editing - Editing Today’s page doesn’t change Tomorrow’s "Net Sales Forecast". Instead, if a user edits tomorrow’s Net Sales Forecast, it will reflect back on today, and alter "Forecast Sales" to "Projected Sales" and update values accordingly.
Today + ½ Tomorrow
- Description - Today + ½ Tomorrow specifies the amount of an item needed for today and partially into tomorrow. The Today+ 1/2 Tomorrow’s Forecast Section includes "Net Forecast Sales" for Today and the first ½ of the Tomorrow (the system knows how long the opening day is tomorrow, finds the mid-point of the day and uses the sales up to that mid-point) and the "Actual Net Sales" for the same time period (only on a historical basis). Similar to Tomorrow, Today+ 1/2 Tomorrow, reflects the "Projected Net Sales" of Tomorrow (assuming they exist).
- Editing - If a user edits Today’s Net Sales, those edits will be added to the numbers from the first half of tomorrow, and the values updated proportionally.
Tomorrow + ½ Next Day
- Description - Tomorrow + ½ Next Day represents the amount of an item needed for tomorrow and partially into the following day. The same item may be in both Today and Tomorrow tracking frequencies. The Tomorrow + ½ Next Day’s Forecast Section will include "Net Forecast Sales" for Tomorrow and the first ½ of the following (the system knows how long the store is open that following day, finds the mid-point and use the sales up to that mid-point) and the "Actual Net Sales" for the same time period (only on a historical basis).
- Editing - Like Tomorrow and Today +1/2 Tomorrow, this forecasting frequency acknowledges changes to Net Sales made on future dates. In fact, editing Today’s net sales has no impact on this tracking set.
The image below displays the daily forecasting frequencies as they appear in the Totals section on the Item Tracking Report page.