reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a test to tell human and bots apart. It is easy for humans to solve, but hard for “bots” and other malicious software to figure out.
Please follow the below process to enable reCAPTCHA for your Revel Online Ordering site.
- How to Set Up reCAPTCHA with Google
- How to Set Up reCAPTCHA in the Management Console
- Where reCAPTCHA Will Appear in Online Ordering
How to Set Up reCAPTCHA with Google
To use reCAPTCHA on your online ordering site, you first need to set it up through Google. To do this:
- Go to the reCAPTCHA admin console on Google.
- On the reCAPTCHA admin console, you'll be presented with a form that needs to be filled in as so:
- Label: This is the label name of reCAPTCHA for reports.
- reCAPTCHA Type: Here you'll select which version of reCAPTCHA you would like to use. Note: The most common reCAPTCHA used is reCAPTCHA v2 "I'm not a robot" checkbox:
- Domains: Here you need to enter your Revel URL ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com):
- Site Key: This value is not used in this setup.
- Secret Key: You will need this value for the setup.
How to Set Up reCAPTCHA in the Management Console
Once you setup reCAPTCHA through the Google platform and got the Secret Key, you will need to enter some details in the Revel Management Console. To do this:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type reCATCHA in the search box.
- Check the box for Google ReCAPTCHA Private key so the setting appears on the right side of the screen.
- On the right side of the screen, enter the Google Secret Key (obtained in the section above) in the box for Google reCAPTCHA Private Key:
- Click Save. Google reCAPTCHA is set up!
Where reCAPTCHA Will Appear in Online Ordering
Once reCAPTCHA is set up via the above two sections, it will be appear in the following spaces of your Revel online ordering site:
- On the checkout screen when the user selects the Gift Card payment:
- On the checkout screen when adding a reward card:
- Under Online Ordering > Customer Account > Loyalty Program when adding a reward card:
- Under Online Ordering > Customer Account > Payment Methods when adding a gift card: