Note: This article refers to features in version 2.59, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in mid-March. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
- For a complete overview of how releases work at Revel, head here.
Tip Sharing is a traditional method for servers to share their tips with other roles, based on a certain percentage of their sales. For instance, the server may pay out 5% of alcohol sales to the bartender and 2% of all sales to the bussers.
Now with Version 2.59, Tip Share Reporting allows you to select the tip handling option that best suits your business and employees. You can choose to calculate tip shares against net or gross sales.
PLEASE NOTE: Tip Shares are an exclusively reporting feature. They do not affect payroll or cash due.
How to Enable Tip Share Reporting
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Tip Share in the search bar.
- Check the box next to Tip Share Breakdown so the setting appears on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box to enable Tip Share Breakdown. From the drop-down menu, select your preferred Calculate Tip Share Based On method: Pre-discount/Pre-tax sales subtotal or Post-discount/Post-tax sales subtotal:
- Click Save.
- Next, go to the Employees tab.
- Click POS Roles.
- Next, click the icon next to a role that will share out tips:
- From the overlay window that appears, select the role that will be receiving the tip share from the Receiving Role drop-down menu.
- Select the class(es)' sales that will be used to calculate the tip share, i.e., if a server is tipping out 5% of alcohol sales to the bartender, you'd select all applicable alcohol classes. Product classes need to be set up prior.
- Enter the Percentage of sales that will be shared out.
- Click + Add if this role tips out to other roles as well.
- Click Save when done:
NOTE: Tip Share break down blocks will now appear on the POS Sales Summary Report and the Management Console Sales Summary Report when filtered by a single employee.