Note: This article refers to features in version 2.59, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in mid-March. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
- For a complete overview of how releases work at Revel, head here.
If you own a business with its own management or human resources team, your staff may need to add employees to the Management Console or Point of Sale without having a Point of Sale role themselves. This is a separate permission granted to such employees and ensures they do not appear in scheduling or reports.
To grant this permission:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to Employees and choose Management Console Permissions.
- Select an existing permission set to edit, or click Add to create a new permission set.
- In the Permission Tokens area on the left side, click Employees.
- A list of permissions will appear on the right side of the screen. Scroll to the bottom and click the and icons next to the Manage Roles without POS Role Rank permission.
- Assign any other permissions you want to assign to this permission set. We recommend assigning the entire Employees suite of permissions to this permission set.
- Click Save.
After you've added the permission to a permission set, assign the permission to the employees of your choice.