Note: this article refers to features in version 2.59, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in mid-March. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
- For a complete overview of how releases work at Revel, head here.
With Version 2.59, you now have more control over your invoice costing. There is now a setting that allows for consistency across invoiced/layaway items COGS data in Order History and Product Inventory Log. In cases where an item is placed on layaway (item is first placed in an invoice and then later converted to an order when the payment is made), you can choose to have the COGS calculated at the time of the invoice creation or at the time of the order conversion.
Invoice Costing Settings
To set your invoice costing method:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and then check the box next to Inventory Settings.
- Find the setting titled Cost Calculated at Time of Order. If enabled, COGS will be calculated on each item at the time an invoice is converted to an order, NOT at the time an item is added to an invoice:
- Click Save when done.