Note: This article refers to features in version 2.59, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in mid-March. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
- For a complete overview of how releases work at Revel, head here.
Revel supports customer phone number validation on the Point of Sale, the CDS XT, and the Management Console. This feature ensures you receive an area code with each phone number.
Phone number validation is not enabled on the CDS 1.0, Kiosk XT, or online ordering. Also, enabling phone number validation will validate only future phone numbers; existing phone numbers will remain unvalidated until they are edited.
To enable customer phone number validation:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections.
- Type Minimum Phone Number Length in the search bar.
- In the search results, check the box next to Minimum Phone Number Length.
- In the Minimum Phone Number Length box, enter the minimum length for phone numbers in your region, including an area code if applicable. If this value is blank, then Revel will not validate phone numbers by length:
- Click Save.
- Refresh your Point of Sale and CDS XT to see your changes.