Before you launch online ordering, you'll need to create a custom online menu. This allows you to control exactly which products are available online and when they're available without altering your main menu. You can also create different menus for different times (a late night menu, for instance), days of the week, limited-time special products, or seasons.
Creating a Custom Menu
To create a custom menu:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Products tab.
- Click Custom Menus:
- Click Add Online Menu:
- Give your menu a name (Online Breakfast, Late Night, etc.).
- On the Application Type drop-down, select Mode:
- On the Mode/Station drop-down, select Online.
- Click the Save
- Click the Edit icon in line with your online menu:
- Click Edit Effective Dates/Times:
- Enter a Start Time and End Time for your menu. Type the times in or click the clock icon and use the sliders to select a time. You can do this by the day, or under All if the start and end times are the same for every day of the week:
- Enter a Start Date and End Date for this timetable. You can enter a date in the far future if you don't foresee your menu changing any time soon.
- Under Included Products check the products you would like to include on your online menu. You can select by product, category, or subcategory:
- Click Save.
- If you want to add new products after launching your menu online, you'll need to edit the menu to include them and push your changes to the point of sale, even if the product is in a category that's already included on the custom menu.
Updating your Menu
To update update your online menu:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections.
- In the search field, type online.
- Click the box labeled Online Ordering Settings:
- Click Refresh Menu to update your menu online:
- In the pop-up window, click OK.
Overlapping Custom Menus
You may have items that are available only for certain dining options. It's not a good idea to have two custom menus running at once. There are other features that may be useful here. For instance, if you want to offer different menus for different dining options, it's better to edit their Product Detail pages and make some items available only for certain dining options. If this doesn't help, contact Revel Support and we'll try and find a solution.