The Product Mix Report shows the breakdown each product's sales. It is powerful tool to provide insight on the best selling items and most profitable items. The pie chart shows the top ten products, either by product profit (this requires inputting product cost) or by quantity sold. There will be a large portion of the Top 10 Quantity Sold that is assigned to Other, which contains all products that do not fall in the top 10 slots.
Product Mix Report Tour
The different components of the Product Mix Report are:
- Filters button: Click this to choose POS stations, Employees, Online Orders, and Inclusions settings:
- ... icon: Click this to export your report in various formats:
- Top 10 Profit By Product Pie Graph: The pie graph on the left of the screen displays your top 10 most profitable products. This is based on product cost and product price. You must have product costs entered for your items in order for this graph to display.
- Top 10 Quantity Sold Pie Graph: The pie graph on the right side of the screen displays your top 10 most sold items. This is a great way to quickly see your most popular items:
Product Mix Report Preferences
There are several details you can choose to include or exclude in your Product Mix Report. click the Preferences button to access the details. The details are:
- Sort Preference- The sort preference allows you to choose how you'd like your products sorted. You can choose:
- Sort by Parent Class
- Sort by Vendor
- Sort by Class
- Sort by Category
- Sort by Product
- Split Items Sold as Part of Combos
- SKU/ Barcode
- Include Returns, Exchanges & Comp in Quantity Column
- Include Comp in Quantity Column; Display Returns & Exchanges in a Separate Column
- Include Returns & Exchanges in Quantity Column; Display Comp in a Separate Column
- Include Returns, Exchanges & Comp in a Separate Column from Quantity
- Include Returns, Exchanges & Comps Each in Their Own Separate Column
- % Total Sales
- Percent of Total Sales Column
- Separate Taxable & Non-Taxable Sales
- CRV Fee Column
- Item Discounts
- Order Discounts
- Tax Column
- Include Tax in Sales
- CRV Tax Column
- Cost of Goods Sold %
- Average Price
- Gross Margin
- Gross Margin %:
- Please Note: If you have opted for the auto-delivery of your Product Mix Report (under Settings> Email Address> Product Mix Daily Report), the emailed report will provide you only the default details, not your customized selections. To view your Product Mix Report by your customized selections you will have to do so in the Management Console.
Occasionally, you will see the following warning message appear at the top of your Hourly Sales Report:
Orders in this reporting period may be duplicated in other reporting periods:
This message occurs because there are orders that have either been left open for an extended period of time that falls outside the reporting period, or which have been opened and reopened outside the reporting period, perhaps to perform a return or exchange.
Sales, payments, returns, and refunds shall be reported on the date the event occurs.